I would love to train with a blind grappler, as their approach would be so unique and I think they would be able to give me a new approach to training.
I just wanted to thank the networks of the world for not finding enough advertising revenue and value in the athletes who TRULY have had to fight against insurmountable odd's just to do what most of us take for granted, to televise much of any of the Paralympics!
And here is a list from The BJJ Mind of the Twelve Lessons Jiu Jitsu Teaches, though I would say ANY grappling system will teach you all the same lessons:
- If it were always easy, it wouldn’t be worth it.
- Challenges make us stronger.
- Adopting a positive mindset will make the journey easier.
- There is always more to learn.
- Problems can have more than one solution, and questions can have more than one answer.
- The simplest solution is the best.
- It feels good when you know what you are doing.
- You are your greatest opponent. Conquer fears, laziness, excuses and negativity.
- Keep a calm, clear mind. Even when things are falling apart around you.
- Our bodies and minds can stretch beyond what we thought possible.
- We can improve by helping others.
- The more you practice, the better you get!