So enjoy this video and if you are interested I wrote down some basic observations after it:
- The round kick is absent from the traditional Chinese Martial Arts, yet it is one of the most prevalent attacks used in this video.
- Those with straight strikes scored faster and in general hit harder.
- Those with wild swinging strikes still hit really, really hard! You must respect the strike even if it is sloppy.
- Notice the clinch is absent here. This may be due to some governing bodies restricting clinch time (limited to 3 seconds), or banning the clinch position all together.
- Because the clinch is restricted, the majority of throws we see are quick sweeps and fast knockdowns (kao die).
- Dropping your hands doing some crazy Bruce Lee type shit gets you hit!